It can be challenging to keep up with the flood of information from social networks, calendar appointments, todos, RSS feeds and other sources of news. Zipline can help you stay informed by providing a constantly updating, unobtrusive flow of information at the top or bottom of your screen.
Zipline looks great on your desktop, and its unobtrusive appearance allows it to stay out of the way while keeping you up to speed. If you'd like to make it a little more you, that's OK too — Zipline allows you to customize the ticker color, location, scrolling speed, typeface, text color and size however you'd like. The information Zipline shows you is just as flexible — pick and choose from calendar events, todos, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter and weather forecasts. Zipline uses Core Animation and takes advantage of modern features of Mac OS X to minimize its impact on battery life and performance while still keeping your desktop looking spiffy.
Requires 64-bit Mac OS X 10.6.8 or newer
Only $9.99 — less than a $10 gift card!
Zipline 1.3 adds a slew of features and bug fixes. Here's what's new:
- Added option to hide the Dock icon
- Added options to show tasks due in the past and completed tasks
- Fixed an issue where zip codes with a leading zero would be truncated in the Weather preferences
- Fixed an issue where the appearance preview would not display correctly
- Updated graphics for HiDPI (retina) displays
- Improved overall stability and reliability
- Added compatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and dropped compatibility with 32-bit Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard